Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

Mr. Clark, I'm Raymond. I just restored my son's backup to my iphone I need

Customer Question

Hi Mr. Clark, I'm Raymond. I just restored my son's backup to my iphone
I need to revert my drive back to it's previous state, but I had never backed up this phone before.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I'm sorry that you lost your data. Once overwritten, it is nearly impossible to recover the old data. Your only hope is iCloud. Do you remember setting up of iCloud backup on your iPhone ?
We can find it out. Before that, lets check iTunes. On iTunes click on Edit menu (or iTunes menu if using Mac) and select Preferences (or press Control (or Command) and , (comma key) and this will bring Preferences).
Click on Devices tab and you will see all the available backups there. Do you find the backup of your iPhone there ?
If so, close it and click Restore Backup. Then select your backup point and click Restore. This will restore your backup.
If you can't find it there, then your only hope is iCloud. If you had setup iCloud backup on it, then you can restore your iPhone from iCloud backup. To do that, you have to erase the iPhone first.
On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings.
This will completely erase your iPhone. After erasing, setup your iPhone and at the setup assistant screen, click Restore from iCloud backup. Enter your iCloud ID and password ***** if there is any backup available, your iPhone will be restored to it. That is your only option to get everything back.
Another option, which might not work is, use a third party application named Dr.Fone for iOS recovery application. Although this can recover deleted data, it might not be able to recover overwritten backup data. But it is worth a try. Get it from here --> http://wondershare-data-recovery-for-iphone.en.softonic.com/
(please try the trial version before buying it)
Please understand that these are the only options you could try. There is no other way to get back what is lost. If none of the above worked, please don't rate me bad or poor. I'm very sorry but there is no other way to revert back to your backup.
If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I'm happy to continue to help you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help. I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know.
If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.
If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me as Good Service or Excellent Service (4 or 5 stars) and click Submit. Then only I will get credit for helping you. You won't be charged anything additional.
Thanks and Have a great day,