Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Quarkxpress 6.5 just stopped loading on my G5 about 3 weeks

Customer Question
ago. It fails right after...
Quarkxpress 6.5 just stopped loading on my G5 about 3 weeks ago. It fails right after the splash screen.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/15/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
Can you please open Finder and go to Library
then locate Preferences
Once located, send the Quark folder to the trash
then restart the Mac and try to open Quarkexpress
Let me know the results please
The program responded complaining of a corrupted file and that we should reinstall QuarkXpress. The problem is we're not even sure where the install discs are from this 10 year old piece of software.Any ideas?
ok, the program is completly corrupted, this is the cause of the initial problem and it will need to be reinstalled.
Your in a tightspot as you cant on this computer use the latest version as it wont run on this Mac, its too old,
Its really hard to come by and I only found 1 copy here.
http://www.amazon.com/Quark-Inc-119700-QuarkXpress-6-0/dp/B0000A1GQ0
Price is really expensive though.
I think its amazing you got so many years out of it, really, but your only left with
- Locating your disk so you can install it again
-Buying the disk I gave the link for
-(and this I would advise) upgrading the Mac to a current standard so you can purchase the latest version.
But for your situation, your stuck with one of these three options.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Richard, Apple Software Engineer