Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My Colleges in my picture library cannot be accessed by picasa. I

Customer Question
My Colleges in my picture...
My Colleges in my picture library cannot be accessed by picasa.
I can create edit & save collages, but they can't be re accessed.
This problem happened just yesterday.
How do I get picasa to interface, display & process the collages in my pic library?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
7/10/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. To get started, if you havent done so already. At the top right of the JustAnswer screen, click " account" Then set your email address and password, that way you can get back to me. ( by going to justanswer.com and clicking login, and then typing in your email address and password) I like to be very careful when we are dealing with pictures, do not delete or move anything until we discuss it; so I can be certain we are risking file loss. To get started. If you go to the folder.. My pictures >picasa > projects > collages how many collage files are you seeing there? If it seems your seeing most or all of your collage files in that folder. Then the step below should resolve the issue. Click start, all programs, accessories, system tools, system restore..Click, restore my computer to an earlier pont, then click next..We want to choose a restore point that was at least one day before the issues started..Carry out the restore. the computer will restart, then let me know if that fixed the issue or not.. If you get stuck at any point, or if those steps do not fix the issue. Please Respond!! Im going to help you till we solve this issue. This isnt a one shot answer but more of a dynamic back and forth conversation between us till we fix the problem. I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent/ 5 stars selected and submitted below this answer or at the top right of the screen, when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.Dustin S.Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
I am not on a MAC!I am on Windows 7!!
None of the suggestions I mentioned applied to mac. Everything I wrote applied to windows 7, which is what it says your OS is on the question details section. Please read over my response and respond with the information I requested, and try the steps mentioned. I will be here to assist further. Dustin S.
Your Fix DID NOT work.It screwed up everything I had or Didn't Have!!
What do I do Now?
Dustin,Are You Still There???
Im here.. To be clear.. When you did the system restore exactly as I stated. What date did you choose? How far did you tell the machine to go back? Also, if you launch system restore and choose UNDO RESTORE for your restore point. It will put everything back how it was before yo tried the system restore. D.S
Hi, I havent heard back from you since you replied earlier, and I can see that you viewed my response recently.
Were you able to undo the restore? Is everything back to how it was before I made the suggestion?
Also, due to the delicate nature of photo folders and files. Maybe it would be best if you and I connect during a screen sharing session so that I can assist you on screen, directly.
Would you like to try that?
Where is every body?You say you will be with me until the problem is solved, but i've done everything you've suggested, but the probem just gets worse. Account # ***** and Order ID# ***** I've wasted the entire day, and now I have to Pay for minus ZERO results.Can any one help me. I've lost a ton of Collage data that I've been working on for months.Before I ran into this problem, I had 44 active collages in my library. I don't even know what the restore to 7/6 left me with, since PICASA still does not recognize any Collage retrivals.I had a Un Restore request going & I don't know where that has gone.HELP!
I responded to you at 151 pm, and at 244 pm and you didnt respond back until 310 pm. I offered to connect to your computer , or call you. To help solve the problem ( since you seem to be having difficulty responding to me on site. ) Would you like to try phone support and or screen sharing support? If so, please respond here and say so. If not, please respond here and say so. Dustin S.
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist