Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

When I had my old iMac, I was able to scan photos or documents

Customer Question

When I had my old iMac, I was able to scan photos or documents from my Canon printer Pixma; now that I bought a new iMac 10.10.3 Yosemite, I am able to scan but not able to take the scanned result out to be an attachment or for other use. How to scan to a definite area. I tried using Image Capture, Photos (since iPhoto is not usable), or Desktop, but nor successful. Please help. My new iMac series number is ***** I already paid for Technical Support for long term use. My email is***@******.*** and my name is***** Phone is(###) ###-#### Waiting for your support.
Category: Mac
Expert:  Chris Lindsey replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I would like to personally welcome you to JustAnswer.
This issue is usually due to drivers and software not communicating properly. I would like to connect to you via remote support to log in and take care of the issue.
Chris