Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My Apple IPad is frozen with only an iTunes icon showing static

Customer Question
on the screen. Telstra tried...
My Apple IPad is frozen with only an iTunes icon showing static on the screen. Telstra tried to help by recommending that I attach the IPad to my computer & it would then direct me how to fix my problem. My only concern is that the fix includes me updating my IPad, but that fix would mean that ALL my information, including over a 1,000 photos would be lost. I don't want to lose my photos as they are precious to us because they include births, weddings, funerals, Family & photos of Family who have passed.
Can you please help?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/7/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Do you have a back up of your iPad?
Thanks
I don't want to sign up for any Monthly deals & I certainly didn't nominate the $64 offer. I just want my Apple IPad unfrozen & have agreed to a $5 deposit with a further $45 when satisfied with the fix. Lets not start off on the wrong foot by trying to hood wink me.
The monthly fees is an option, and if you do not subscribe then you don't become part of it.
If you are not satisfied, your money will be refunded.
Since i am a tech only, i have limited access to billing therefore if you have any billing issues or questions; you will need to e-mail***@******.***
May i know if you backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer?
no because to do so I needed to up my IPad which meant I would lose data & photos on my IPad.
How were these photos transferred to iPad?
they weren't I took the photos with my IPad.
When the iPad was working, it was never connected to iTunes? You don't lose data when you sync and back it up properly, but now the situation is that iPad has gone into recovery mode.
where doI stand & what is my next step to unfreeze my Apple IPad?
Is Kamil Anwar still on line to chat?
There are ways we can attempt to restore this, but i cannot promise. Only try.
I can instruct here, or connect remotely.
Kamil I've given you as much info as I know. I requested a phone call. Can that still happen at approximately 3PM Australian time today?
Kamil are you able to femotely fix this?
I can remotely connect to your computer, and check but i cannot promise. Only try.
At the Doctors for a few hours. Be home about 3PM so you can go remote or phone me.
Can you tell me after how many hours? It is 3:00 AM here.
I'm home now Kamil.
Please click the link below:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=774704
OR >>>CLICK ME<<<
A program called 'support-logmeinrescue.exe' will be downloaded.
Click on the downloaded file and click run.
If asked by system to allow the file to run, select "Yes/Allow/OK"
Thanks
Kamil the Apps won't download for a multitude of reasons that I can't work out. This is obviously too technical for me to work out. All that's happening is I'm getting angry. What else is available to me?
Simple test: connect iPad to computer via the usb cable, open My Computer and see if iPad is detected there as an additional storage device?
IPad not detected on computer. What now?
Okay. It seems like we are going to need to restore this, the data will be lost. However, i would open the question to other experts to see if they have any ideas. Please wait other experts to respond.
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Thanks for your question. My name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Do you have another computer available there?
Mike, Mac Medic