Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a MacBook Pro, turned it on, heard chime, apple

Customer Question
Hi, I have a MacBook...
Hi, I have a MacBook Pro, turned it on, heard chime, apple light on top cover is on, screen is black....help!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
7/2/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. If your mac chimes then there should still be a chance to get it back. Please follow the steps below.
If your mac came with a cd
Insert the Mac OSX disk that came with your macbook
turn off macbook
hold c key then turn on mac book there should be a gray screen.
if that doesnt work or your mac did not come with a cd then follow these steps
1. turn off mac
2. Locate CMD and R keys
3. Turn on mac holding the keys from step 2
4. use disk utility to repair hard drive. Then reset.
5. if issue still persists follow steps 1-3 then select reinstall OSX.