Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have several questions regarding iTunes, iCloud,

Customer Question
hello, i have several questions regarding...
hello,
i have several questions regarding iTunes, iCloud, etc. can you help? thanks in advance. -rob
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/2/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 3 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech

Hello Rob! Thank you for your question. I am a licensed computer professional with over ten years of experience, and I will be assisting you today.

Yes, please let me know your questions. And if you have a windows or mac computer, and any Apple device.

Thank you.

so, having been out of the Mac tech loop for a while, i'm wondering at the process of having all my files stored in the cloud and what means should be used to both upload and download/stream them. i have 200gb of iCloud storage at my disposal. please advise.

I'm not sure what you mean upload/download, but iCloud means you would storage your data / files in the Apple / iCloud server, and all your data are synced between your devices, such as Windows / Mac computers, iPads, iPhones, iPods.

https://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/mac.html

Thank you.

lets say i want to hear r a song thats in my iTunes library, either purchased or ripped from a cd, and it's in the i cloud but not on my mobile device, what's the method for listening to it?

also, does the new Apple Music app mirror my iTunes library? and how is it different from iTunes radio?

Make sure you have set up / turn on iCloud on the computer:

, and make sure is turn on your mobile device:
https://www.apple.com/icloud/setup/ios.html

Note: mobile device means iPad, iPhone, and/or iPod only.

Make sure you signed in iTunes / iCloud with the same email address on both the computer and the mobile device, and you need to turn on iCloud Music Library on all devices, then your songs should sync. Please see instructions at the website below for how to set your music library on all your devices:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204926

Basically, it's Apple Music streaming service now; all music syncs. Please see details:

http://www.imore.com/apple-music-faq

http://www.macworld.com/article/2934744/apple-music-faq-the-ins-and-outs-of-apples-new-streaming-music-service.html

Thank you.

do my locally stored files get removed from my devices or are they just mirrored in the cloud?

For your ripped cd songs and purchased songs, it will be in both local and cloud. Thank you.