Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Am getting error message -1712 Adobe Acrobat Professional

Customer Question
Hi, Am getting error message...
Hi, Am getting error message -1712 Adobe Acrobat Professional Cannot be opened
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
7/1/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
Please go to your Applications folder and open the Acrobat folder right click on the Acrobat app and go to Get Info what is the exact version listed?
Adobe Acrobat 8 Professional
Yes but what is the exact number 8.0?
The computer is MAC osx 9.5 The Adobe is CS3 the Acrobat is 8
OK but you can get the exact number by following by directions. That version os very old but you can try the update to 8.1.2 which may work with 10.9.5. Download here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=3925 It requires 8.1.1 to already be installed which I why I needed the exact number. Let me know
If that does not work you can try the product installer here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-8-9-product-downloads.html
Okay have looked at applications fils, and it says 8.1.3 is already installed.
I have downloaded your 8.1.2 but it will not open, as it says the adobe application or safari web browser is still running, I have removed safari from the dock, and acrobat is not open so I don't understand
OK try the full installer here: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-8-9-product-downloads.html
Sorry those seem to be only for Windows try reinstalling the 8.1.3 update here: http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4090
Okay, but is it version 8 or 9, and it is asking for serial number, passwords etc. I don't know if I have all that
Hang on one minute that is Windows too Adobe is very convoluted
Can you open Photoshop? If so open it and go to Help / Check for Updates it may update Acrobat too.
Well acrobat has just suddenly started working again ?
Maybe it installed the part that was missing?? Ok but definitely go to Acrobat / Help / Check for Updates now.
Okay, so this error -1712 is all over my computer now. I can't open drop box, This is affecting my work, as I need to send a large pdf Drop box just has spinning icon, so I can't delete it to re-install it. There are instructions to disable Anti Virus and Mac Keeper, that may allow spinning icon to stop long enough to delete dropbox, but too long of instructions to follow. I think one of these applications may have deleted some files or thinks my normal applications are fair game ? Also I had other files that just temporarily disappeared
Sorry it is 1:30 am here and last I heard Acrobat was working. I had already gone offline but MacKeeper is horrible crap remove it at once!!! http://www.macworld.com/article/2861435/how-to-uninstall-mackeeper-from-your-mac.html
Then do this: Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots eventually you will see the OS X Utilities screen., select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column, if there are two or it is named something else choose the first indented item, and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.
I will wait until you do that but I can’t for much longer tonight. Please let me know
OK go to the link below and click on Join your Session then allow the app to run and look for my messages on your screen: http://mikethemacmedic.com:8040/?Session=b1fa25c7-451a-4f3e-8b21-28c7fc904c49
You should really do this first so I know the state of your system:Reboot into the Recovery HD by choosing the ‘Apple‘ menu > Restart, hold down the ‘Command’ + R’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the Apple Logo you can let go. When the machine boots eventually you will see the OS X Utilities screen., select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column, if there are two or it is named something else choose the first indented item, and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that says “OK” in green type then select Repair Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.
Are you there?
Let me know when you are online
Mike, Mac Medic