Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I charged my phone all night n when I woke up it wouldn't start.

Customer Question
it's dead Is there anyway...
I charged my phone all night n when I woke up it wouldn't start. it's dead Is there anyway to get my pics n contacts?Its a 4sIphone
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/1/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
A rating is only required when we are finished this session. Remember, you are rating my service to you and not the JustAnswer website or the outcome of the answer.
First we can reset your iPhone and see if it works or not. Press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
where is the home button?
Home button is the round button at the front bottom
shows a low battery
Your iPhone is out of battery charge. So your files and data are safe. Connect it to the power for 20 minutes. Then reset it again and it will turn on.
Also, if you have setup iCloud on it and enabled Backup option under iCloud then all your contacts and photos should be backed up to iCloud.
So if you get a new iPhone, you can simply restore the backup to it by selecting Restore from iCloud Backup while setting up it (using the same Apple ID/iCloud ID you used on the 4S)
I don/t think the battery will charge but I'll try. what if it won't?
If it doesn't charge, then you will have to replace it by taking it to the Apple store. You can also replace it yourself, let me know if you need instructions to do that.
If it is just the battery, then you will lose nothing. Replacing the battery will allow you to turn it on to home screen and you can backup your files then.
ok will try in 20 min. thank you. Can I get u again in 20?
Of course you can. Just don't close this page. Also, add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me later.
If it doesn't charge from the power outlet, then charge it from your PC and also try another USB cable.
Let me know how it goes.
Meantime you can check the iCloud contacts from this website --> www.icloud.com
Go to the above website, login to your iCloud/Apple ID account. Click Contacts and you will see all the contacts there if you had setup iCloud on your iPhone.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?
Mac Support Specialist: Miel-cssm,
 replied 3 years ago
Miel-cssm
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/mac-computers/969dk-charged-phone-night-when-woke-wouldn-t-start.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.