Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I have a video that I shot on my iPhone. It's a 5 minute continuo

Customer Question
us shot of passing scenery...
I have a video that I shot on my iPhone. It's a 5 minute continuo us shot of passing scenery shot through the side window of a van. I want to mount three iPads next to each other on a wall and have the video move from the first to the second to the third as if you are watching the passing scene through three adjacent windows. I see two major issues I have to solve: how do I divide the existing video frames into thirds, one for each iPad, and how do I sync the three iPads? Or am I going about this all wrong. My only video editing experience is with iMovie.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
7/1/2015
Mac Support Specialist: dresteve2000, Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
dresteve2000
dresteve2000, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hi, I am A. Stevens here to help with your question! You might be able to achieve what you want using this apphttps://itunes.apple.com/us/app/mobile-multi-display/id371466793?mt=8&app=itunes&ign-mpt=uo%3D4
You might be able to use VLC media player to split the video, but let me see if the iOS version can handle this.
Sorry actually only the desktop version can do it...
I don't think you would be able to achieve this using iPads. The simplest way to do it would be to use a computer and hook 3 displays to it.
How would I configure the hardware and how prepare the video to make that work?
So you would need a computer with 3 video outputs. Then you would play the video in VLC and use this method to split the frames: http://grok.lsu.edu/article.aspx?articleid=14623

Thanks. I'll spend some time with both of these options when I'm done with a couple of other projects. I appreciate your help.

Not a problem. I hope I was able to help you today. If you are satisfied with my answer, rating my answer with positive feedback would be greatly appreciated. If you do have any additional questions please do feel free to post them here. Thank you for using Just Answer! Have a Great Day!
dresteve2000
dresteve2000