Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I get pinwheel on iTunes when my phone or other device is connected. I…

Customer Question
i get pinwheel on iTunes...
i get pinwheel on iTunes when my phone or other device is connected. I set up a test account and it worked fine with phone connected.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/28/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today.

Turn off your mac then hold the shift key. Turn on your mac continuing to hold the shift key for no less the 2 minutes.

log in and test itunes with your phone

Didn't work. Same issue after reboot holding shift key.

IF this does not work work follow the steps below

go to the apps folder

move itunes to the trash ( but do not empty it)

then go to the appstore and click search ( or purchase history) and type in itunes.

Then select to reinstall it.

I get a message when I try to move the app to the trash that says iTunes can't be modified or deleted because it is required by OSX.

I am gonna send you an offer so i can connect to your mac and figure out whats wrong.

I'm not comfortable with someone I don't know accessing my home computer. Thank you for trying.

Johnny  Mack
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist