Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My time capsule will not backup.

Customer Question
My time capsule will not backup.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/26/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
What is the error you receive when the Time Capsule fails to backup?
Thank you
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I do not do phone calls, but can remote control to your computer as an additional service
I have made this offer to you, please respond to it.
Not happy with this at all.
ok... not sure the issue but why are you not able to answer the inital question I asked? Then you do not need to worry about an additional service.
I had sai my time capsule says not available but plugged in. ??????????
Thank you
Is the LED on the Time Capsule on? What color is it?
Green
has it worked before and just stopped working now?
How do you have it connect to the computer?
No backups since March 14th, unplugged and replugged. Still no connection. Use WiFi and the WiFi works for www and email
works
Open the AirPort Utility. which is located in the Utilities folder, within the Applications folder (/Applications/Utilities).
Do you see the Timecapsule listed there?
Just internet
ok, then we will attempt to reset it. This will return it to new so you will need to set it up again like when you first received it.
It does NOT touch your data, that is not deleted.
Unplug Time Capsule from power.
Press and hold the reset button with a pen or pencil, then plug the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule back in while continuing to hold the reset button until you see the light (LED) flash rapidly. This should happen after a few seconds.
Release the button. This will factory default reset the AirPort Base Station or Time Capsule.
Then try to connect to it again and set it up like when you first received it.
Let me know the results please
I keep getting error messages on Airport Utitity. Tried 3 times.
What error do you receive?
An unexpected error occurred. Try again.
This has happened some 5-6 times in a row.
Thanks, ***** ***** the issue
It is the internal hard drive in the capsule that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by reinstalling it. This removes software as the problem.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the capsule to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Richard, Apple Software Engineer