Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I want to delete all on my Simpletech and use as backup for…

Customer Question
I want to delete all...
I want to delete all on my Simpletech and use as backup for my iMac. Do I reformat and how??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
6/25/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Jason Jones, Mac Technician replied 3 years ago
Jason Jones, Mac Technician

If anyone wishes to ask Jason a question directly,
they can do so at the following page: www.JasonFixedit.com

I am an Information Technology Professional with over 15 years of professional experience. I am the technician assigned to your case today. I look forward to working with you and resolving this problem.
You can use the utility named Disk Utility to format the disk.
- Open the Applications folder and go to the Utilities folder.
- Double click the Disk Utility icon.
- In the left pane, click to highlight the SimpleTech drive.
- Near the top of the window, click the Erase tab.
- For the 'Format', choose Mac OS Extended (Journaled).
- Enter a name in the name field, if you wish to name the drive.
- Click the Erase button that is located on the bottom right of the window.
- Click Erase.
Once that completes, the drive will be formatted and cleared of any data.
I look forward to your next message or your rating below.
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason