Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I cannot log in to my Mac PC this morning. The message says,

Customer Question
I cannot log in to...
I cannot log in to my Mac PC this morning. The message says, "blank dial-up, 4 items, you are unable to log in to the user account at this time" and "logon failed, 9 items"
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
6/25/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. How many login accounts do you usually have on your mac? Just the one, or do you have multiple accounts you can choose before the mac boots? Also, do you know what version of mac osx your machine has on it, 10.7 10.8 10.9 10.10 ? Thank you in advance for your response. Dustin S.

I only have one account and my OSX is the earliest, I think 10.4?

Does Tiger sound familiar? Do you still have the OSX or Apple install disks that came with your machine? If you have them, it should have a picture of an animal on the disk.. Or, it should say the version of mac osx thats on the disk. If you dont have the disk, or cant find it let me know. Dustin S.

I bought my imac new in 2007 and the OSX was what originally came with the computer. My son thinks it is OSX 10.4.

Thank you, we may still need the disks.. As they allow some repairs that may help. Do you have the mac osx install disk that came with the computer? ( if not, we still have options ) Thank you, *****

Dustin, I'm sorry I couldn't respond sooner. My Mac is at home and I am currently at work. I work in a busy Attorney's office. I can't send your e-mail to my Mac at home, because it won't let me log on there. I guess I'll have to wait until Monday before I can contact you again, unless I locate that disk. I know I have it somewhere, but it's been a long time since I saw it and needed it. If I find the disk, do I just follow the directions?

Ive sent an offer for phone support for the evenings, or weekend Barbara.
You dont have to accept this offer and I can continue with you via written communication as we have been.
If you do accept the offer then I will work with you over the phone, when you have time, and when you are at home near your mac.
As far as the delay in responding, no harm done. I stay rather busy myself~
Please do not feel that you have to respond to this message until you have time to do so.
Dustin S.
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
When you find your disk follow these stepsinsert the mac osx disk that came with your mac and restart while holding the c keyThen select your language and select to install the OSX.reinstalling will not delete your data.