Mike, Mac Medic
Experience:  Over 20 years IT experience with Apple computers in publishing, marketing and design.
25267123

About 3 weeks ago I upgraded the system on my iMac (vintage

Customer Question

About 3 weeks ago I upgraded the system on my iMac (vintage early 2008) to Yosemite. I noted a few old applications no longer worked (i.e. iPhoto, Palm,etc.) but most worked well.
Recently, when tried to transfer photos from my Mac to a Toshiba hard drive using the USB port the drive did not show up on the desk top. Since the drive is only several years old, I did not believe the drive had failed. I tested the drive on my neighbors iMac and the drive seemed to be fully operational - the icon appeared on the desktop, opened, etc. His iMac was using Yosemite, but it was newer and may have been a different version of Yosemite.
iMac Serial No. - W88250XU2PN
Yosemite - 10.10.3
Toshiba Drive PIN: HDTC710XK3A1; SN - Y39ZS60HOSTT1
Also, on another issue: Is it possible to obtain a copy of iPhoto compatible with Yosemite?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer.com, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to assist you. The quickest way for me to assist you, and the most effective; is for us to start a screen sharing connection. That way I can work on the problems directly and repair them myself. If you would like to try that additional service, I will send you the offer after you reply. If you would prefer that we work via written communication only, we can. Please clarify how you want to proceed, and then we will begin. Thank you for your response, Dustin S.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dustin replied 2 years ago.
My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. By the time you responded two hours later, my shift had been over for half an hour and it wa 2 am local time. Rather then a phone call, Im sending you an offer for a phone call + remote support. As this is an issue where a screen sharing connection will facilitate the repair process.