Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My disk utilities does not work. theirs a circlewith a line

Customer Question
through it. how do...
my disk utilities does not work. theirs a circlewith a line through it. how do i download a disk utilities ihave the lastest system and a iMac 27 in
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
You cant download it but you can attempt to run it this way
Power off the mac
Then start the Mac and hold down the Command and R keys at startup.
Hold these keys until the Apple logo appears. After your computer finishes starting up, you should see a desktop with an OS X menu bar and an OS X Utilities window
choose Disk Utility from the Utilities window, or from the Installer menu if you're started from an installation disc.
Click the First Aid tab.
Click the disclosure triangle to the left of the hard drive icon to display the names of your hard disk volumes and partitions.
Select your Startup Disk (usually named "Macintosh HD").
Click Repair. Disk Utility checks and repairs the disk.
Let this complete and when it has, tell me if you still have the problem please.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I worked online but if you tell me the results of my last instructions we can work from there
i did what yu told me toi even unpluged it from the back the started it holding the command key and r
i didnt let it gothen i saw a lock with a 1/4 inch high rectangle box for a password ***** side the box to my left wasan arrow. it didnt take my startup password. i then restated itnot holding anything and weas able to letyu know what happened. It did not work. so i put in a call for u to call me back(###) ###-####or my landline is much better recepttion.
I only work here online.
So the problem is you cannot enter in your password? Is this the problem you are having?
no dude- my disk utilities is not working- the way yu told me tofix it i already wrote yuand explained it did not workwhen i help down the command and r buttons i got nothing like what yu said id be seeing.I saw 3different charges alread 1. sa the $59 bucks and thje first week is free. then in my email yu billed my card $98 then i saw a $20 phone call then i saw a $38 yu share my screen . please make things easy
that was 4 different charges- lets make it easier to understand . nowhow can yu help me the coomand plus r key dfid not work.
ok, the actual problem you are having has not really been clear.
For chargers I see you made a duplicate question instead of just replying here so thats the addition.
So when you did my instructions, exactly on which step did you get stuck. Please be as clear as possible in your response as this will make it easier to solve the problem.
Listen I called yu on Sunday after hours. I only told yu of ones pt
I told yu of one problem, then I told yu that what yu told me to fixit had not come close to fixing my disk utility. Now yu tell me I asked two auestoinsi
I am not sure what you mean with calling, but are you able to answer my last message please?
when you did my instructions, exactly on which step did you get stuck. Please be as clear as possible in your response as this will make it easier to solve the problem.
Richard, Apple Software Engineer