Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't remember my administrator password. My Mac

Customer Question
Hello, I can't remember my administrator...
I can't remember my administrator password.
My Mac needs desperate updates.
How can I change the password ***** allow for the updates?
Fiona
Australia
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
6/23/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Hello there! Please follow the steps below to reset your password
To boot in Recovery system, press Command and R keys in boot and hold the keys until you see the Apple icon. If you have a Mac with Internet Recovery, read > http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718. If your Mac has got a wireless keyboard, hold them when you hear the startup sound
When it starts, select Utilities > Terminal, and type:
resetpassword
Press your user and type your new password ***** enter both times. Finally, type reboot and hit enter. Then try to log in and use your password.
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 3 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information:
The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X)
Processor
Memory
Johnny, I have not attempted to reset the password ***** you instructed yet. Can you reset for me remotely and what is the cost to do so? Fiona
Please go to the Apple logo at the upper left of your computer screen to About This Mac and give me this information: The exact system Version (listed right under Mac OS X) Processor Memory