Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Experience:  6 years repairing macs and ipods and 3rd level tech support
28647879

My 13" macbook air was working fine, and I did something while

Customer Question

My 13" macbook air was working fine, and I did something while contemplating the next line in my doc, and now the cursor won't respond at all -- what did I do? How do I fix it (this is my first mac).
Category: Mac
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Do you have a USB mouse around?
Expert:  Mike replied 2 years ago.
Hold Command - S to save your document, then if you don't have a USB mouse around just hold the power button for 10 seconds shut it off then start it back up and your cursor should be ok let me know
Expert:  Johnny Mack replied 2 years ago.
Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. Follow the steps below to reset your usb ports.
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.
8. Release the keys.
if that does not work you can accept the offer for me to remotely connect and fix your issue.
Hello again. I am posting back because i have not heard from you hopefully this a good thing as your problem is possibly fixed. Please either post back if your still having problems or just rate this reply ( 3 stars or better).