John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

I entered text information on selected photos in iPhoto in

Customer Question

I entered text information on selected photos in iPhoto in the information box.
When i create a folder and place these photos on my desktop, or share them, my labeling in not there. it reververt to the Jpeg frame number.
How can move these photos in a folder with the information i typed in about each image included?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, iPhoto allows for the use of a "title" (which is the text directly below a photo) and also a description (which appears in the info sidebar to the right of the iPhoto window). Photos will always retain their original file name unless you follow a couple of steps to use the "Title". For the description, you can "embed" it into the photo itself which can then be read by other apps which understand this photo metadata. open iPhoto Select (highlight) a photo or multiple photos Next, click on “File” from the top Menu Bar and then click “Export” from the list. Choose the “File Export” tab from the top of this new window. "Kind" should be “JPEG” or “TIFF” Under “Include:” put a check mark next to “Title and keywords” if you want your metadata such as title, description and keywords to be “embedded” into your the image that you are about to create in the export. For the “File Name“, choose “Use Title” if you would like the new image to be labeled with the title you gave it inside of iPhoto Click “Export” Finally, choose where you would like to save the photo(s), and then click “Ok”. John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hi again, I'm afraid I can not offer telephone support at this time.... but if you have questions or concerns about the above then please let me know. Thanks,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK. can you message me a solution to my issue?
Are you unable to see the answer I provided earlier? John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i don't see a response from you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
only response i saw, was that you couldn't take phone calls at this time.
I sent one about 2 hours ago. I will send it once again: iPhoto allows for the use of a "title" (which is the text directly below a photo) and also a description (which appears in the info sidebar to the right of the iPhoto window). Photos will always retain their original file name unless you follow a couple of steps to use the "Title". For the description, you can "embed" it into the photo itself which can then be read by other apps which understand this photo metadata. open iPhoto Select (highlight) a photo or multiple photos Next, click on “File” from the top Menu Bar and then click “Export” from the list. Choose the “File Export” tab from the top of this new window. "Kind" should be “JPEG” or “TIFF” Under “Include:” put a check mark next to “Title and keywords” if you want your metadata such as title, description and keywords to be “embedded” into your the image that you are about to create in the export. For the “File Name“, choose “Use Title” if you would like the new image to be labeled with the title you gave it inside of iPhoto Click “Export” Finally, choose where you would like to save the photo(s), and then click “Ok”. John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There it is! thank you.
You are quite welcome! If you have any trouble just let me know. John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
So, I can now see the title on my photos, but I don't see the description or keywords that I wrote for these images.
No, sadly, those won't be immediately visible. As noted earlier, the description is embedded as metadata in the photo itself. It can be read can be read by other apps which understand this photo metadata but it won't be visible on the photo image itself. This is the same for keywords. For example, if you double click a photo and open it in Preview; hit Command-i. Select the info tab in the new window that opens and you should see the description and keywords. Other applications will have different ways of displaying this. John