Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I just purchased the iphone 6 and backed up my old phone

Customer Question
Hi. I just purchased the...
Hi. I just purchased the iphone 6 and backed up my old phone on to my computer with itunes. Now that i am ready to reback on to my new phone, when I plug in my phone nothing comes up with my phone to be able to do this.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
6/20/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Are you using a Mac or Windows PC ?
windows PC
Did you setup the iPhone 6 ?
what do you mean set up?
I mean when you get it for first time, you have to do some initial setup on it to get to home screen. Did you do that ?
yes. I am having trouble putting things that were on my old phone to my new one.
For some reason it isn't showing my iphone in the itunes store anymore
are you still there?
First reset your iPhone 6. Disconnect the iPhone from your PC. Then press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.
Then download and install iTunes on your computer from here --> https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. Now your iPhone will ask for your permission to connect to your computer. So tap "Trust Computer" and this will show your iPhone in iTunes. Click on iPhone icon in the top left. Under Summary section, click Restore from Backup. Then select old iPhone's backup point.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Only rate the answer after we've solved the problem.
We already have itunes on our computer. Do I need to do this again?
Yes, you need to install latest iTunes. In fact, reinstalling the iTunes will replace old corrupted drivers with new one if any.
Remember, after connecting the iPhone 6 to your computer you will get a message whether to trust the computer or not, on iPhone. Select Trust Computer and then only it will show in iTunes. If you didn't get this message reset the iPhone. To do that, press and hold down the Power button and Home button at the same time until it shows the Apple logo. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and let it boot.
Let me know how it goes please.
Okay I'll try it Thanks I will let you know
Good luck ! Let me know if you have any difficulty.
The message about trusting computer never came up?
In the iunes section I see download and over view. Do I click on one of these?
That is strange. That message is supposed to show. See here --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT202778
Did you trust it before ?
If not, goto Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings. Then connect it to your computer and does it show that message now ?
Not sure I understand. In iTunes, do you see the iPhone's icon in the top left next to Music, Video etc icon ?
No. when I download itunes it shows all the documents I have downloaded and I click save and then it says thank you for downloading itunes and just the opening page about itunes.
I resetted all of my settings too
yes we trusted it before
If you trusted it, then that message won't appear. Open iTunes and does it recognize it ?
no it doesn't
You have to install after downloading iTunes. Open Downloads folder and you will see the iTunes setup file. Open it and follow the onscreen instructions to install it.
okay
It will take a while to install it. Let it complete. After that restart your computer and see if iTunes recognize it or not.
I have downloaded it. Do i have to shut off and turn on computer again?
After downloading, did you successfully install it ?
How can I tell if I successfully installed it?
You will see the Installed message. Open the downloaded file from Downloads and it will ask you to install it. Didn't it ?
yes it did
Now just shutdown and turn it back on.
I shut the computer off and turned it back on. What's next?
Open iTunes and connect your iPhone to your computer. Does iTunes recognize it ?
It says itunes could not connect to the itunes store
It is OK. In iTunes, on the top left next to Music, Movies etc icon and do you see a small iPhone icon ?
When I connect my phone to the computer, nothing comes up and when I click on the itunes logo that is what it says. Okay I will try
says itunes cannot connect to the itunes store
The iPhone logo is like this. Can you see like this on your iTunes ?
https://support.apple.com/library/content/dam/edam/applecare/images/en_US/mac_apps/itunes/iphone_connected.png
No, it is not there
Does your old iPhone show there ?
Near the right side, there is a person and when I click on that it asks me to enter my apple id and password ***** when i have done that it says that it sin't connected
No
I don't understand. Are you on iTunes now ?
I know. It is confusing me too. Yes I am
Can we do a remote support session, so I can remotely connect to your computer and check directly ?
My daughter just got home. I will ask her to read what you have told me and see if she can help as well
Ok, let me know.
Remote session would be quick. To start session, goto this link --> https://www.fastsupport.com/253673444
Follow the onscreen instructions to connect. If something is downloaded, open it to connect.
This link is valid for onetime use only.
My daughter has said that I have done everything you have said to do but the iPhone icon has not popped up realizing that the phone is connected. Yes it is okay to do a remote session. I will start it.
Ok, let me know if you any difficulty connecting to me.
The link is not loading.
Try this link --> http://www.justanswer.co.uk/remotedesktop/join.aspx?Session=b8ddcc9d-a9f7-47fd-b593-5587b3efd322
We started it but an icon popped up saying "This application can not be started. Contact the applicator".
Goto this website ---> www.fastsupport.com
In FastSupport website, you will see two text columns. Name and Support Key. Under Name, enter your name and under Support Key enter this code --- > ###-##-####
Click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to connect. And if some application is downloaded, open that file. Then open the Citrix Online Launcher application and let it connect.
When we click continue the page goes white and doesn't load.
On your computer, goto this website --> www.join.me
Then click Start Meeting. An application will be downloaded or you will be asked for permission to open the app. Open and run it. Then you will get a 9 digit code. Please let me know the code here.
###-##-####
Thanks. Will connect now
Lost connection. Will try to reconnect now.
After restart, please follow the instructions in here to uninstall iTunes completely --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT204313
Then reinstall from here ---> www.apple.com/itunes/
Okay. just turned back on, will unistall then reinstall
Good Luck !
If that didn't work, then I will opt out and send this question to other experts in here. So if they have any idea, they will get back to you.
Nothing has worked. Thank you for your patience and guidance. We have uninstalled itunes and at the moment cannot reinstall it again.
I'm very sorry. I'm out of ideas on this one. I will opt out and open this question to other experts in here. If they have any ideas, they will get back to you. Sorry I couldn't solve your problem.
Please don't rate the answer anything.
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Hello there! If you like I can remotely connect using just answers remote connection and fix your iphones driver which is the issue your having.
Yes, please do
I'm not sure when you sent this but our problem from this morning hasn't been resolved yet. Thank you.
Hopefully we can talk tomorrow. Good night
Reg Reinstalling. What happens when you reinstall ? Are you getting any errors ?
Unfortunately, our problem has not been resolved
I cannot re-install the current itunes and cannot use my new iphone 6
I have spent 3 days trying to do this
I already opened this question to other experts in here. It seems like they don't have any idea either.
What happens when you reinstall ? Are you getting any errors ?
If no one get back to you, then you can contact***@******.*** for full refund. Please don't rate the answer negatively. Thanks
Hi no there are no errors? My son and daughter have been trying all weekend as well. It's crazy that we cannot do it. Thank you and I'm sorry you spent all this time trying to help me. You were very patient!
I just don't understand why it is not working. I believe it the Windows OS that has problem. You may need to reinstall the Windows OS. Now, can you goto Control Panel > User Accounts, create a brand new administrator account, then login to that account and install and try iTunes in it ? This is my last suggestion. Try it if you have time.
Ashik, Mac Technician