Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad 2 / 16gb is locked due to my son entering the passcode…

Customer Question
Hi my ipad 2 /...
Hi my ipad 2 / 16gb is locked due to my son entering the passcode too many times.
I have followed apples restore procedure but my computer will not recognise my ipad, please help Leanne
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
6/17/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it.
Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.
First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
Open iTunes application on your computer.
On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
Click OK or Restore
Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank or unresponsive. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take awhile to restore it.
If you have any difficulty on following any of the steps above, please reply back to me and I will walk you through it.