Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Im having problems backing up my iPad. The I pad keeps

Customer Question
saying it hasn't been backed...
Im having problems backing up my iPad. The I pad keeps saying it hasn't been backed up. The message on the mac is iPad cannot be synced because it cannot be found. When I switched to my newer cloud account i lost a lot of stuff as well. can you help?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
6/17/2015
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Apple Consultant replied 3 years ago
John T. F., Apple Consultant
Hi, Can you tell me what version of iOS you are currently running, please? From the Home screen; tap Settings tap General tap About On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says. Thanks,John
10,10,3
sorry thought you meant the mac.8.3
Thanks! Both may be helpful. ;-) How have you normally been backing up, via iCloud? John
cloud and mac
Ok, on the iPad; tap Settings tap iCloud tap Backup Verify "iCloud Backup is turned "ON" What does it list for the last backup time? John
it says neveri switched the iCloud account on it recently
Ok, thanks. Can you provide more info on that? Why did you change accounts? Was there an issue? John
I created a new one a few years ago to coincide with my new email acct and had my mac and iPhone on it.
I see and the iPad had been using an entirely different one for iCloud, purchases, etc? John
correct
Alright and what was the stuff you lost when you switched over?
first thing I noticed was emails and the notes for the past two years
...and was that email account the iCloud Email account (ending in mac.com, me.com, or icloud.com)? John
I believe iCloud
Ok, first let's get a good back up if we can. In Settings > iCloud, tap "Back Up Now". Hopefully it will back up properly. Once that is done, you can add back the old iCloud account as a secondary account to regain access to that email address. Tap Settings tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars then tap Add Account tap the iCloud and enter the ID and pasword for the old account. Secondary iCloud accounts can be used email, contacts, calendar, reminders and notes. John
its going to take awhile. well continue tomorrow.
good night.
Ok, just reply back when you are ready. Have a good night! John
hello
Hi! John
Hi well I'm back and have a back up from yesterday
Great, glad to hear that worked. iCloud should now automatically back up on a regular basis when you are connected to WiFi. Did you re-add the old iCloud account to regain access to the old email address? if not, you can add back the old iCloud account as a secondary account. Tap Settings tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars then tap Add Account tap the iCloud and enter the ID and pasword for the old account. Secondary iCloud accounts can be used email, contacts, calendar, reminders and notes. John