John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+ years in the computer/Mac industry
60674955

Im having problems backing up my iPad. The I pad keeps

Customer Question

Im having problems backing up my iPad. The I pad keeps saying it hasn't been backed up. The message on the mac is iPad cannot be synced because it cannot be found. When I switched to my newer cloud account i lost a lot of stuff as well. can you help?
Category: Mac
Expert:  John T. F. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, Can you tell me what version of iOS you are currently running, please? From the Home screen; tap Settings tap General tap About On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says. Thanks,John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10,10,3
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sorry thought you meant the mac.8.3
Thanks! Both may be helpful. ;-) How have you normally been backing up, via iCloud? John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
cloud and mac
Ok, on the iPad; tap Settings tap iCloud tap Backup Verify "iCloud Backup is turned "ON" What does it list for the last backup time? John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it says neveri switched the iCloud account on it recently
Ok, thanks. Can you provide more info on that? Why did you change accounts? Was there an issue? John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I created a new one a few years ago to coincide with my new email acct and had my mac and iPhone on it.
I see and the iPad had been using an entirely different one for iCloud, purchases, etc? John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
correct
Alright and what was the stuff you lost when you switched over?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
first thing I noticed was emails and the notes for the past two years
...and was that email account the iCloud Email account (ending in mac.com, me.com, or icloud.com)? John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I believe iCloud
Ok, first let's get a good back up if we can. In Settings > iCloud, tap "Back Up Now". Hopefully it will back up properly. Once that is done, you can add back the old iCloud account as a secondary account to regain access to that email address. Tap Settings tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars then tap Add Account tap the iCloud and enter the ID and pasword for the old account. Secondary iCloud accounts can be used email, contacts, calendar, reminders and notes. John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its going to take awhile. well continue tomorrow.
good night.
Ok, just reply back when you are ready. Have a good night! John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hello
Hi! John
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi well I'm back and have a back up from yesterday
Great, glad to hear that worked. iCloud should now automatically back up on a regular basis when you are connected to WiFi. Did you re-add the old iCloud account to regain access to the old email address? if not, you can add back the old iCloud account as a secondary account. Tap Settings tap the Mail, Contacts, Calendars then tap Add Account tap the iCloud and enter the ID and pasword for the old account. Secondary iCloud accounts can be used email, contacts, calendar, reminders and notes. John