Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have Office 2011 , and I have an IMAC with 10.7.5.

Customer Question
I have Office 2011 for...
I have Office 2011 for Mac, and I have an IMAC with 10.7.5. I want to put an IMovie into
a powerpoint presentation using Office 2011. Can I do it? Do I have to put it into Keynote first then save in PPT? If so how do I put the IMovie into Keynote then convert it to PPT?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
6/16/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 2 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
It can be done, you just need to put the movie into the correct format.
The steps to do this are as follows
In iMovie, open your project and locate and open the iMovie project that you want to export.
Click "Share" On the File menu, select "Export using QuickTime". In the pop up window, name your movie and choose the folder where you'd like to save it. From the Export dropdown, select Movie to MPEG-4. Close iMovie after the movie is finished saving.
Then you need a Video converting program such as this one you can install here
http://www.bigasoft.com/downloads/b-total-video-converter-mac.dmg
Install and run it.
Click the "Add File" button or directly drag the exported iMovie video clip to import iMovie video.
Set profile to MPEG-1.
From the profile list, choose MPEG-1 Video (*.mpg) from the "General Video" category.
Set MPEG-1 video resolution to 640 by 480
In the "Settings..." windows, select 640*480 from the "Resolution" drop list. You may set lower or higher resolution if you want superior or inferior video quality.
Customize iMovie MPEG-4 to MPEG-1 video (Optional)
Click "Trim" button, you can achieve converting only your wanted clips by setting the start time and the end time.
Click "Crop" button, you can cut off the black edges of the original movie video.
Click "Effect" button, you can customize video like adding watermark, subtitle, audio track, artistic effects.
Click "Preference" button, you can finish setting output effects, image type, CPU usage and action after conversion done, etc as you like.
To join several chapters into one, click "Merge into one file" from context menu option.
Convert MPEG-4 to MPEG-1
Set the destination folder and click "Convert" button to convert iMovie MPEG-4 format to MPEG-1.
Insert iMovie video into PPT
Create a folder which contains both your PowerPoint presentation and any embedded movies as separate files to keep the required linked relationship between both PowerPoint and multimedia files.
Now, you can insert the converted MPEG-1 video into PowerPoint and use it
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
In Imovie Share is just a "ghost". I have no options to export the film clip
You are not able to export like here?
http://www.bavc.org/Imovie_Export
Richard, Apple Software Engineer