Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

So imported video to imovie, when I have the clips ready to…

Customer Question
so imported video to imovie...
so imported video to imovie, when I have the clips ready to put into my project the movie is smooth, but for some reason (and this has never happened before) when I drag the clips I want to use to my new project the movement of the movie becomes jerky and is no longer smooth.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
so I have been waiting for over an hour, so just wondering what is happening.
6/16/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
Sorry about the delay you have experienced, I will work now with you (I just got online)
Do this please
1) In iMovie, right click on one of your event clips. Select "Reveal in Finder"
2) Right click on the clip in the Finder. Select "Open With.../QuickTime Player"
3) In QuickTIme Player, type the letter I while holding down the Command Key (Command-I)
4) An Inspector window should appear. Tell me the dimensions of the clip, as well as everything next to the word "Format"
ok tried right clicking on the event clip and nothing happened. is there a way I could send you the clip to show you what is happening? Sorry about not replying sooner, but was booked solid until late last night. thank you.
yes, you can upload the screen shot via my instructions below
- Click the following link: http://www.wikisend.com
- Upload the file to that website
- Once it is uploaded, the resulting page will display a "File ID" number.
- Please, give me that "File ID Number"
http://wikisend.com/download/161408/Lucas (1).mp4 - download link[URL=http://wikisend.com/download/161408/Lucas (1).mp4]Lucas (1).mp4[/URL]File ID 161408Gave you more information but any help would be great. I have been using this camcorder for over a year and haven't had this issue
ok, the frame rate is 29 and you should be doing it at 25
Import the video from the camera again but import it at 25 frames per second please.
Tell me if its then jerky still
Ok how do I change the import - all I have ever done is plug the camera into my computer and have it import it. Didn't know there was a way to change the frames per second.
and question, so I imported a lot of video that day, and only this particular session is jerky, meaning the other video is just fine, could I have inadvertently done something when I was taking the video that this session was filmed at a different frame rate - really don't know much about this, but always like to learn.
ok, if other videos are ok and it is ONLY this one, then just try importing this one again
Let me know the results please
okay so here is the same clip before I drag it down into my iMovie project.File 435580
ok, looking now but while downloading please capture it again on the computer into a new file then try please.
that file though does not have an extension for it, so that may be the issue.
1 minute and I check something
Use this file
388502
Tell me what happens when you add it in iMovie please
so i ended up importing on to my laptop and it worked fine. Who knows what went on, but at least I got the video made and out to the client. thank you - learned somethings today.
I think the import had an issue, as the file you gave me had no extension.
Good though it is now working.
If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you