Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I can't get my audio to work on skype

Customer Question
I can't get my audio to work on skype
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
6/5/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
May i remotely connect with you to check this directly?
Thanks
yes please
Please click the link below:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=800705
OR >>>CLICK ME<<<
A program called 'support-logmeinrescue.exe' will be downloaded.
Click on the downloaded file and click run.
If asked by system to allow the file to run, select "Yes/Allow/OK"
Thanks
i have been over hell's half acre trying to find a single plug microphone and headphone set or a usb set and it is not here in my little south american town I will have to travel to the next larger city over by bus 1 hour one way. So this is my question, If I have to travel there anyway should I just take my computer to a computer tech center where they can see if there is a structural/function problem or just go all that way and just buy a usb head set?
Can you not order it online from Amazon?
I live in south america and that could take up to 2 months
Please click the link below:
https://secure.logmeinrescue.com/R?i=2&Code=500332
OR >>>CLICK ME<<<
Thanks
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today. Please follow the steps below.
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts 2 times.
8. Release the keys.