Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My ipad is locked. when I reboot, the word ITunes comes on…

Customer Question
my ipad is locked....
my ipad is locked. when I reboot, the word ITunes comes on the screen with a picture of the usb cable. I have tried to reboot several times and the same thing happens. How do Unlock my ipad?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
6/4/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
The firmware/software of your iPad is corrupted. Your only option is to force-restore the iPad to factory settings through iTunes application (from computer) by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it.
If you've backed up your iPad to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPad from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account. Follow the steps below to restore your iPad by putting it to DFU Mode.
First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Then connect the iPad to your computer with the USB Cable.
Open iTunes application on your computer.
On your iPad press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPad in recovery mode.
Click OK or Restore
Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPad will remain blank or will be unresponsive. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.