Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I am using Word on my airbag and the cursor just keeps

Customer Question
I am using Word for...
I am using Word for Mac on my airbag and the cursor just keeps on rotating and is unresponsive. I am afraid I might lose my document changes
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/1/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
Since it's frozen, there is nothing you can do now to save it. Only hope is, If the Auto Recover or Auto Save is turned on already, the contents of the document would be saved on a temporary file. So just Force Quit word and open it again. To force quit, press Command, Option and Esc keys. This will bring Force Quit window. Select Word and click Force Quit.
Open Word. Word will automatically opens the document or it will show the document in the left column under recovery. If you see there, click it and the document will load.
If word didn't open the document automatically then go to your Documents folder, open Microsoft Userdata folder, open Office 20x_ AutoRecovery folder (x is version number)
Search in there and also open all documents inside that folder. If you can't find the documents there, then click on any blank area of desktop, then hold down Option key on your keyboard, while holding Option down click on Go menu in the top menu bar and select Library. From there, open Application Support > Microsoft > Office > Office 20xx AutoRecover folder (x is the version of your Office)
If you are lucky, you'll get the word document from there. If you can't find the documents in there, I'm sorry the document is gone. There is no way to recover them if you can't find it there.
From now on, make sure you enable the Auto Recovery feature, so you won't lose any files in the future. Refer this article --> https://support.office.com/en-za/article/Automatically-save-and-recover--files-6c6425b1-6559-4bbf-8f80-4f038402ff02?ui=en-US&rs=en-ZA&ad=ZA
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Please don't rate me Bad or Poor if you are not satisfied. Remember, you are rating my service to you and not the outcome of the answer or this website.