Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I have a locked sim on my i pad i cannot search

Customer Question
i have a locked sim on my i pad i cannot search
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
5/31/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi
I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.
Sorry to hear that your ipad is showing a "sim locked" message..:( What I understand is, when you turn on the ipad, you are getting the message "sim locked" and it won't go any further, correct?
To get the sim pin, you would need to contact your carrier. Some carriers have default sim pins. For example, if your carrier is "Verizon", you would need to contact Verizon to get the sim pin.
Also, if you enter the wrong pin too many times, the ipad will ask for a PUK code. Your sim carrier may even have that.
Hope this answers your query. Please let me know if you find any difficulty.
Thank You
Vinod