Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Tasks in Outlook and in MyDay have all disappeared!!!

Customer Question
This is a complete disaster...
My Tasks in Outlook and in MyDay have all disappeared!!! This is a complete disaster for me, as it contained much of the work to be done in coming days and months. I do not know why this could have happened. The only unusual thing today before this (but
I am not sure if the tasks were still there some time after this) was that the cursor had frozen and I had to force shutting down the Mac. Can I recover my Tasks? Please help, I am very worried!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
5/29/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Pete, Computer Engineer replied 3 years ago
Pete, Computer Engineer
Hi Isabel,
Have you tried restarting the Macbook again?
Did you sync anything just before the problem happened?
Are your Outlook tasks synced with anything else? e.g. iPhone
Is your Outlook connected to an Exchange server, or is it standalone on your Macbook?
If not, do you have any backup of Outlook available?
Let me know...
Pete.
Hi,Yes, I tried restarting a couple of times with no success yesterday.But I left the computer off overnight and this morning the Tasks are back!Thanks anywayIsabel
Hi Isabel,
Glad to hear you got it sorted!
Let me know if you need anything else at all,
Have a great weekend,
Pete.
Hi Pete,
I have just been asked to rate. I don't know what to answer, as your advice was not finally necessary. Is payment due in these cases?
Thanks
Isabel
Hi Isabel,
Any payment you have made to the site will remain in your JustAnswer account to ask further questions if you don't wish to rate me this time.
No rating is necessary, so you can ignore any automated messages or emails that you get :)
Best,
Pete.