Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

My Apple Mac desk top has a white screen and it won't open to my scree…

Customer Question
My Apple Mac desk top...
My Apple Mac desk top has a white screen and it won't open to my screen? My keyboard has new batteries as does my mouse.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
5/28/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer replied 2 years ago
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
It sounds like you didn't yet tried Safe boot or safe mode. Please safeboot your system by following below steps:
Be sure your Mac is shut down.
Press the power button.
Immediately after you hear the startup tone, hold the Shift key. The Shift key should be held as soon as possible after the startup tone, but not before the tone.
Release the Shift key when you see the gray Apple icon and the progress indicator (looks like a spinning gear).
Wait while safe mode boots up. It will take a lot longer than regular OS X.
Log in (press shift-enter instead of enter after putting in your password ***** log in without login items.)
You are in safe mode
Safe mode will run disk repair, and ignores the cache of kernel extensions. If you can boot into safeboot mode without problem, please restart the system and boot normally.
If you're unable to start your Mac in Safe Boot mode, or your Mac starts in Safe Boot mode, but it won't start up normally, you can try the following:
Reset PRAM : http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/Reset-Pram.htm
Reset SMC : http://macs.about.com/od/usingyourmac/qt/Resetting-The-Smc-System-Management-Controller-On-Your-Mac.htm
Note: If none of the key combinations works, please use a USB wired keyboard instead of your wireless keyboard.
Regards
Jins
Joins, I only have a wireless keyboard and I tried the first response of turn it on and hold the shift key as quick as possible waiting for the apple icon spinning wheel etc - nothing happened. Now what?
What is happening now, I hope I have not been debited the $41 on my credit card?
Hello Sir, sorry for the delay in reply. You should use a wired keyboard for troubleshooting purpose. After fixing the problem you can use the wireless keyboard.
Regards
Jins
Your response was not in a timely manner and I have no wire keyboard and don't plan to purchase one either. Your solution is not of use for me. I have made other arrangements DO NOT DEBIT my account any further.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer