Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Michelle, got a screen message to say apple

Customer Question
Hello Michelle, got a screen...
Hello Michelle, got a screen message to say apple detected a pornsite has infected my computer and is trying to steal data. Safari is frozen and will not allow reset. Tried turning off wifi and relenting Safari but screen message remains and no reset is possible. Can you help?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
5/26/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Michelle, Mac Technician replied 3 years ago
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician
Hi, and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am excited to get started with you.
From what you are describing, it defiantly sounds like a scam. I see you've tried a few instructions.
Let's go step by step. First click on the
1. Apple logo in the upper left corner and choose system preferences
2. Click on General (First option)
3 At the bottom, is "Close Windows When Quitting App" Checked? If not, check it
4. Then restart your Mac into Safe Mode to see if the malware issue persist there.
5. Shut down your Mac and power it on again. Immediately press and hold down the shift key until the Apple logo appears. A progress bar will begin to fill up.
6. While in safe mode, launch safari
Does the issue persist there?
Next, Restart your mac normally
1. Next, Press and hold down the Shift key while opening Safari. Click on Safari from the top menu bar and choose ‘Reset Safari” If you are running 10.10, it will say “Clear History and Website data”
3. Re-open Safari
I did what you said and found that the "Close windows When Quitting App" in General System Preferences was already checked. I had already forced quit Safari and restarted several times.
Okay, the next step is to download a Malware remover. Do you have another web browser on your troubled mac? If so use this link to download the application http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php
I can also provide remote support which will allow me to resolve your issue for you.
I do not need any further help, Michelle, as Apple has advised me on what to do. I called their Tech Support line and they solved the problem by advising me to hold down the Shift button when relaunching Safari. This prevented the repetition of previous pages which had somehow gotten "stuck". So I hope you will release me from payment - of course I have your site on file and will definitely recommend you and reuse your services if needed. Thanks again .
Mac Support Specialist: Michelle, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Of course! You mentioned you tried to open safari using safe mode in your initial inquiry so I assumed that is what you did. So sorry for the confusion and you will certainly not be charged.
Thanks so much Michelle. I hope you have a great day!
D
Michelle
Michelle
Michelle, Mac Technician