Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I just got a new PC. I didn't realize that when I hooked up…

Customer Question
I just got a new...
I just got a new PC. I didn't realize that when I hooked up my iPod and synced it, I would lose all of the songs previously on the iPod. Yes, I saw the warnings, but I really didn't understand that it meant I would lose ALL of my music It is an iPod touch. Is there ANY way to recover that music?? I had legitimately paid for all of it either through iTunes, or by purchasing CD's.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
5/25/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 3 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I'm sorry that you lost your songs. The reason is that you can only sync one iTunes library to your iPod at a time, i.e one PC at a time. If you sync it with another library or another PC, everything on your iPod will be replaced with new library. Since you don't have anything on your new PC, this is the reason you lost everything.
I've both good news and bad news for you. Good news is that you can redownload all the previously purchased sons from iTunes store for free using the same account you used to purchase them.
Please follow the instructions in here to redownload all your purchases from iTunes store for free --> https://support.apple.com/en-in/HT201272
Bad new is, Unfortunately there is no way to recover the songs you downloaded from your CDs. Once they are overwritten with new library, everything is lost and can't be recovered. I'm sorry.
If you still have access to your old PC, then you can easily transfer the iTunes library from that PC to your new PC. Let me know if you have it and I will help you with that. Also, you can still download them to your new PC if you still have those CDs.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.
Please don't rate me bad or poor service if you are not satisfied. If you need any help redownloading the songs, please reply here and I will walk you through it.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?