Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

The box to enter my MacBook air password ***** ***** screen and the…

Customer Question
the box to enter my...
the box to enter my MacBook air password ***** ***** screen and the cursor is flashing inside the box, but it won't let me type anything
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
5/23/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist replied 3 years ago
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack, Mac Support Specialist
Hello there! My name is***** and I will be assisting you today.
please follow the steps below. if you keyboard still does not work then connect any usb keyboard and follow the same steps.
1. Shut down the computer.
2. Plug in the MagSafe power adapter to a power source, connecting it to the Mac if its not already connected.
3. On the built-in keyboard, press the (left side) Shift-Control-Option keys and the power button at the same time.
4. Release all the keys and the power button at the same time.
5. Press the power button to turn on the computer.
6. Press and hold the Command-Option-P-R keys before the gray screen appears.
7. Hold the keys down until the computer restarts.
8. Release the keys.
Hello again. I am posting back because i have not heard from you hopefully this a good thing as your problem is possibly fixed. Please either post back if your still having problems or just rate this reply ( 3 stars or better).