Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

I recently bought a new MacBook Pro from Best Buy. They transferred

Customer Question

I recently bought a new MacBook Pro from Best Buy. They transferred all my files but I can not open iPhoto. How come
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
This has been replaced with an app now called Photos.
In the App Store Switch to the Updates tab and install the iPhoto update if it’s offered
This is the replacement for iPhoto and will install photos
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen or smiley faces, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you