Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Everything just disappeared on my mac book air desktop

Customer Question
everything just disappeared on my mac book air desktop
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/21/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech replied 2 years ago
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech
I'm sorry about the issue. Can you please turn off the laptop, then turn it back on, then let me know what happens?
Please reply at the box below. Thank you.
I am afraid to as I don't want to lose a presentation Im working on
Is it Microsoft Office Powerpoint or something else?
Can you save / quit the presentation now?
keynote yes am going to on an usb stick
After saving / quitting the presentation, then restart the computer and check. Please let me know. Thank you.
I hate when this stuff happens.....i lost all my stuff a couple of months ago....
if i turn it off won't I lose our connection?
hello?
Sorry about that. Do you shut down / restart your computer everyday?
Do you save your presentation and save anything you are working on every 10 to 15 minutes or so?
Do you back up your (new / updated) data regularly?
You can get back to me via the email message from JustAnswer / Viet. Thank you.
no I don't....
Sorry about that. It takes me a few minutes to check on the issue and write all of these.
To refresh the computer's memory, you should shut down / restart the computer everyday or every couple of days or so.
You should back up your data regularly as you never know when the computer / hard drive will break down (or if you drop the computer or if you spill water on it, etc.)
When you are available, please reply back at the box below to continue. Thank you,
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech
Viet - Mac Tech, Mac Support Tech