Ashik, Mac Technician
Experience:  Bachelor of Computer Application (BCA), 9+ Years of Experience in troubleshooting Macs, iPhone, iPad, iPod etc
16433418

I am having trouble installing apps on my MacBook Pro. There

Customer Question

I am having trouble installing apps on my MacBook Pro. There is a problem with the password. I enter what I think is my pasword but it gets rejected Is there any way to get the correct password?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
10.6.8
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Do you have the Mac OS X installation discs ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No, because I bought my MacBook Pro at Best Buy and they didn't give me an disks.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
It is very easy to reset the password ***** the discs.
If you don't have the Mac OS X discs, then you can create a new user account from Single User Mode. Then login to that new account and you can change the password ***** your old account.
Follow the steps below to create a new User Account in Single User Mode.
• Reboot your Mac
• Immediately hold down the Command(Apple) and S keys together for 10 seconds to boot into Single User Mode
• When you see the text prompt, type in the following terminal commands to create a brand new Admininstrator account (hitting return after each line). Also, note down the spaces between the commands, like a space between mount and -, space between -uw and / etc. Make sure you enter the following commands exactly.
mount -uw /
rm /var/db/.AppleSetupDone
shutdown -h now
After rebooting, you should be able to create a brand new Administrator account. Then goto System Preferences > Accounts, select your old account and change/reset the password. Then logout from Apple menu and login to the old account and download the program with the new password.
If you get any message about keychain, then follow the steps below to solve it.
Open Keychain Access, which is in the Utilities folder within the Applications folder.
From the Keychain Access menu, choose Preferences.
Click General, then click Reset My Default Keychain.
Authenticate with your account login password (the password ***** step earlier).
Quit Keychain Access.
If you have any difficulty on following the steps above, please let me know and I will walk you through it.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
If you are using this Mac to communicate to me, then add a bookmark of this page or add this page to your favorites, so you can get back to me after restart.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?