Jins M. N.
Jins M. N., Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Mac Expert, 7+ years of experience in installation and trouble shooting of mac osx and apps
50064670

How do I find ny "administer's" password ***** my Apple PC?

Customer Question

how do I find ny "administer's" password ***** my Apple PC?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Jins M. N. replied 2 years ago.
Hello Sir/Madam. Thank you very much for giving us an opportunity to help you. I am Jins here to assist you. Please remember these things when we deal with your issue. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied. Please do not rate an answer, if you are not satisfied.
Which OSX version you have on this iMac ?
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yosemite
Thank you vey much for the info. Restart your system. Hold down the ‘command’ + ‘r’ keys on the keyboard during the start up process when you see the start up screen you can let go. When the machine boots eventually you will see the OS X Utilities screen.
Go to the Utilites menu and select Terminal
At the prompt type ‘resetpassword’ and press Enter
This launches the Reset Password ***** select the Volume Hard Drive in the top part of the window pane, then for the user that you need to reset select the user account in the lower part then add and confirm the new password ***** click save, you get a confirmation screen and details about the keychain account.
Go to the Apple Menu and click Restart to boot back to the normal hard drive and the new password ***** take effect immediately.
Please refer the following link to see the step by step instructions with pictures.
http://coolestguidesontheplanet.com/reset-forgotten-admin-password-mac-osx/
Regards
Jins
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I clicked on 'Utilities", opened it and then clicked on "Terminal" there was no prompt so I could not type in reset password-
terry
Nothing happen, when you click on Terminal ? Not even an error message ? If so you need to reinstall OSX. You can do it from the Utilities menu. Please refer following page:
http://www.maclife.com/article/howtos/fix-mac-bootup-problems-recovery-mode
Regards
Jins