Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I recently upgraded my MacBook Air to OS X Yosemite, V. 10.10.3.

Customer Question
Up to this point my...
I recently upgraded my MacBook Air to OS X Yosemite, V. 10.10.3. Up to this point my computer and iTouch synched with one another regularly, wirelessly and automatically. Now that doesn't happen any more. What do i have to do to restore this synching ability. I use this synching for calendar and contacts. Thank you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/19/2015
Mac Support Specialist: John T. F., Mac Druid replied 2 years ago
John T. F., Mac Druid
Hi, Can you tell me what version of iOS you are currently running on your iPod touch, please? From the Home screen; tap Settings tap General tap About On the About screen, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says. Thanks,John
Hi John,The iOS on my iPod touch is Version 8.3(12F69). Thanks.
Thanks, ***** ***** sync wirelessly via iCloud or iTunes? John
Hi John,I synch wirelessly via the cloud.Stan
Thanks, ***** ***** make an edit to a Contact or Calendar entry on your Mac. Next, log into https://www.icloud.com with the same Apple ID used on your Mac for iCloud. Do you see the edit, you made on your Mac, appear on the iCloud website? John
Hi John,The edits I just made on my Mac do indeed appear on the iCloud website but not on the iPod touch.Stan
Ok, now log out of the site if you haven't already. Next, make an edit on the iPod touch and see if those changes are shown on the website. John
Hi John,Yes, edits to both the Mac and the iPod Touch show up on the iCloud website but still these edits are not synched between the iMac and the iPod Touch--Amazing!Stan
Hi John,For reasons that are not clear to me just now I was looking at the calendar and the edits to to the Mac started showing up on the iPod Touch but not the other way around. Edits to Contacts now do indeed work both ways. Very strange!Stan
Ok, on the iPod touch; Disconnect the device from it's cord, if plugged in. Press and hold your Sleep/Wake button (on the top) and Home button (on the front) together for around 10 seconds. When the Apple logo appears, release both buttons. The next thing you should see after the Apple logo is the home screen a few minutes later. Now see if edits to the calendar on the iPod touch will show up on iCloud and on the Mac. John
John T. F., Mac Druid