Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

I CAN NOT SIGN INTO MY IPAD.The PAGE KEEPS ASKING

Customer Question
for a Passcode.My IPAD was...
I CAN NOT SIGN INTO MY IPAD.The PAGE KEEPS ASKING for a Passcode.My IPAD was Given to me as a Birthday Present.This has NEVER happened before. to make matters WORSE ,our children, Accidently SET MY IPAD UP UNDER MY HUBBYS NAME.NOW THEY DO NOT REMEMBER
THE PASSCODE NUMBER.PLEASE HELP ME to SET up MY IPAD UNDER MY NAME so THEIR is NO MORE of THIS CONFUSION.Regards Anne.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: Mac
5/19/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Richard, Apple Software Engineer replied 3 years ago
Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
You will have to reset the iPad, there is no other way to remove this.
To do the reset
Connect the iPad to the computer and open itunes
Hold the power and home button down until you see
"iTunes has detected an iPad in recovery mode..."
Click Restore ipad, let this complete and it will be returned to new and you can set it up again with your correct details
I can also do these steps for you, and have made a request via Additional Services. This is optional, and if you choose to do this, I can, with your permission, remote into your computer while you watch and do all these steps (and deal with any problems that arise during them) for you. Or if you do not choose to take this service, we can continue here. This is no problem at all. Just let me know please.
Let me know the results please
Thank you
Richard, Apple Software Engineer