Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

My microsoft word won't open - or close! - I get a rotating

Customer Question
rainbow circle...
my microsoft word won't open - or close! - I get a rotating rainbow circle
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
5/14/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Ashik, Mac Technician replied 2 years ago
Ashik, Mac Technician
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What version of Mac OS X are you using ?
Close Word. Then hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and trash the file 'com.microsoft.Word.plist'. If you can see other files related to word, then trash them too. Then hold down Shift key and open Word. If Word opens, click on File and click Open. Select any document and click Open.
If that didn't work, then close it. Hold down Option key on your keyboard, click on Go menu and select Library. This will take you to the library folder of your home folder. Open Preferences folder and this time, trash the Microsoft folder.
Try Word. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Hi Fay, I'm just checking. How is it going ?
Ashik, Mac Technician