Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Mike! I am trying to get an iMovie I created onto dvd or even to view on my pc.

Customer Question
hi mike! I am trying...
hi mike! I am trying to get an iMovie I created onto dvd or even to view on my pc.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
5/13/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Mike, Mac Medic replied 2 years ago
Mike, Mac Medic
Sorry is that iMovie on your iPad?
yes
the iMovie is on my ipad. I tried to export it to iTunes and save it in my camera roll as well. when I found it in my iTunes last week I couldn't play it on my dell computer. wanted to know any options I have to get this iMovie off my ipad and saved onto my computer or at the very least somehow burn it ont a dvd
In iMovie on your device, do one of the following:
From the Projects browser: Tap the project you want to share.
If you’re editing a project: Tap the back button to return to the project details screen.
Tap the Share button , tap iTunes, then tap OK when the export is complete.
Connect your device to your computer, then open iTunes on your computer.
After a moment, your device appears in iTunes in the Library window.
Click the device’s button at the top of the iTunes window.
Select Apps in the sidebar on the left.
Select iMovie in the Apps list below File Sharing (you may need to scroll in the main window to see it).
In the iMovie Documents area, select the file you just shared, then click the “Save to” button and save the file to your computer in a place where you can find it easily.
You can also save the file by dragging it to a location on your computer.
Disconnect the device from your computer.
ok did that (last week as well) and just tried it again and it will not play. it says it is not recognized my windows media player
Correct but it will play in iTunes right?
no! if I could get it to play in iTunes id be happy cause I could burn a cd from there!
I thought it would just go right into my iTunes like a movie I downloaded or something....but it did not. it doesn't give me the option to play it in itunes
So it is listed in iTunes under Movies or Home Videos but when you double click on it it won't play? Is there any error message?
no not listed at all
only place I can find it is right where you told me in apps only when device is plugged in
Are you sure follow that procedure exactly? Select Apps in the sidebar on the left.
trying it again.... I saved it right to my desktop. is there somewhere else I should be saving it to instead?
ok I see it on my desktop. what exacly should I do when clicking on it?
Right click and go to Open With what are your choices?
windows live movie maker under recommended and nothing under other programs
OK are you sure you have all the Apple software installed and up to date? What is the extension on the file?
I don't know what an extension on the file meansand yes iTunes is up to date
Go to Start and find Apple Software Update and run that
ok it said to download quicktime and icloud for windows so I am doing that
it had that under new software not updates though in the second box
it asked me to restart my computer?
Yes that should do it. Right click on the file and go to Properties you should see file extension there.
ok theres a ton of info....nothing that says extension?there is something there that I can click on thought that says open with and it gives me an option to change it
should I see what other options it gives me?
it says it open with windows media player and my only other option is windows live movie maker, which I know it doesn't play in either of those
The name of the file the part after the period is the file extension.
.imoviemobile
Are you sure in the previous instructions you:
on the ipad?
Yes the instructions I gave you.
is the share button a box with an arrow pointing down?
or up....it was different on different screens of my ipad
Yes
yep that's exactly what I did
Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file.that's exactly what the error message says when I try to play it.
The file should end with .mov, not imoviemobile. Here are instructions with pictures a slightly different way
that's what I thought too!
Sorry link here:
http://mediaspot.gpc.edu/webfm_send/44
ok I read the instrctions and think I know what I need to do. but I have a few questions for you before I do so....I had options to save it as medium or large I chose medium. is that ok or need to do it again?
in my camera roll on ipad, after saving iMovie like it said, it only put in the videos and pictures from movie....not whole iMovie. is that correct? it doesn't even seem like all of them are there to me....
That depends on what kind of quality you want I would do large. I am not sure what you mean whatever is in iMovie is all there is. The movie is the movie
that's what I thought too. but what saved in my camera roll is just all of the separate pictures and videos in the iMovie and that is what just got imported as well. should I try playing it again on windows media playernow that pics and videos are imported?
nope, still wont play
Sorry I don't know what you are doing wrong I will opt out maybe another expert can help. Good luck
so I still have to pay for this even though my problem wasn't solved? im not upset with you. I know you tried everything you could im just frustrated at how much time and energy and money ive spent on this and its still not solved.
Me too. Sorry. I have no access to your account please click the Help link at the bottom of the question page or email***@******.*** and the Customer Support department will correspond with you directly to assist you. Or I can request a refund for you.
Mike, Mac Medic