Richard, Apple Software Engineer
Experience:  IT Engineer for over 15 years
32989067

How do u recover files saved using quickoffice if u accidently

Customer Question

how do u recover files saved using quickoffice if u accidently removed the app from ipad?
Category: Mac
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
Did you perform a backup of the iPad on iTunes on your computer?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
sadly i do not
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i do have ggogle sheets insatlled prior to removing the quickoffice app
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Ok, I wont mislead you or waste your time, but it is not possible to recover sorry, it would only be possible if you had done a backup via iTunes on the computer, we could then restore this backup and get your data back.
I am really sorry about this, and If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my concern is of other users still using quickoffice, should i inform them to be sure they are saving their files to their google drives and/or icloud? what about use of google sheets, do we have the same potential problem there if the users dont save files to their offline storage or is sheets a more stable app vs quickoffice? i realize QO is no loanger avail to download.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Yes, they should be saving their files to anything OFF the device so there is an external backup in the event something happens to the device.
Google Sheets is different as this is already being used online via your Google account so in effect it is being backed up as you use it.