Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

The controls on youtube are gone. all i have is black bar at

Customer Question
the bottom of the you...
the controls on youtube are gone. all i have is black bar at the bottom of the you tube vdeo. i am using the firefox browser. can you help restore the controls?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: Mac
5/7/2015
Mac Support Specialist: Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist replied 2 years ago
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist
Hello & Welcome to JustAnswer.
Thank you for your question. I will do my best to assist you.
Are you able to play the video and what is your OS X Version?
Optional Remote Connect Service - Quick Resolution
Would you like me to remotely connect to your computer and fix the issue - The remote service will be an additional service for $34 but will allow me direct access to work on your issue and fix it (while you watch on your screen). If you need remote service, reply with the words "i want remote"
If you do not need the remote service, then simply provide me the requested information above. If you need remote service reply me with the words "i want remote".
Thanks
sorry i just realized this is a mac site and i have windows
I am a windows and a mac technician. Are you able to play videos on Youtube?
i can play them and when i run my mouse over the place where the buttons are supposed to be i get the words stating which button i am hovering over.
Please do this:
Close Firefox.
While Holding Shift key and click the Firefox icon from the desktop (not the taskbar)
You will get an option to reset firefox, select that and proceed with it.
Then re-open YouTube and test.
Let me know.
i tried both a left click and right click and did not get a reset option
Did you hold the shift key and then clicked the firefox icon?
The icon needs to be clicked from the desktop.
you should get a refresh option if not reset?
when i hold the shift key and left click i get nothing. when i hold the shift key and right click i get the same menu as when i just right click. is it the restore previous version option you are referring to?
No, not that option.
Open Firefox, and while in Firefox, press the Alt key.
You will get a menu on top, choose Help -> Troubleshooting Information
Select Refresh Firefox -> Refresh Firefox
Let me know.
Kamil Anwar, Mac Support Specialist