Mac

I am trying to do a reset on an Apple 4S. It keeps asking…

I am trying to do...
I am trying to do a reset on an Apple 4S. It keeps asking for my cloud ID. It shows an email address that I haven't had for several years and did not have Icloud for this email. The Icloud drive shows updating. This has been going on for two days. How do I stop the cloud upgrading and factory reset the ... Read full answer
I am trying to do a reset on an Apple 4S. It keeps asking for my cloud ID. It shows an email address that I haven't had for several years and did not have Icloud for this email. The Icloud drive shows updating. This has been going on for two days. How do I stop the cloud upgrading and factory reset the iphone?
Answered in 1 hour by:
3/4/2015
Kevin N
Kevin N, Computer Hardware Engineer
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you today.
You should be able to erase all settings by first deleting the iCloud account:
1 - Open the Settings app and go to “iCloud”
2 - Scroll down under all the settings to find “Delete Account” (or “Sign Out”) and tap on that.
3 - Confirm the removal of the iCloud account from the device by tapping on “Delete” or “Sign Out” - if you are asked for a password ***** do not have it, reset instructions are below.
After that is done, erase all content this way, go to Settings > General > Reset, then tap Erase All Content and Settings.
To reset your iCloud/AppleID password, follow this link:
https://iforgot.apple.com/password/verify/appleid
Enter your ID, or use the Forgot ID option - you will be given an option to answer security questions to reset your password ***** opposed to using your old email address. With this password, you will be able to remove iCould, then erase your phone.
Kevin N
Kevin N, Computer Hardware Engineer
I tried this, Icloud is still updating and could not be accessed with new password
FYI, I had find my phone on the phone. I had to delete this app before I could delete the I cloud account.
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
None of the passwords are working on my iphone. I've gone
None of the passwords are working on my iphone. I've gone over and over the information on the phone itself and I'm not getting anywhere. I understand that the password ***** work on icloud, too and i… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
If I try to download an App store update it says there is a
Good day. If I try to download an App store update it says there is a problem with my i cloud account. If I log into my i cloud account it does not show any problem. To sign in my Apple ID is a g-mail… read more
Anusha GR
Anusha GR
Technical Engineer,
I have a problem! I have purchased a new iPhone 8 and a new
Hi Mike, I have a problem! I have purchased a new iPhone 8 and a new iPad pro earlier this year. I would dearly like to activate both devices so that I can use them! The main issue is that i seem to h… read more
Mac Support Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
I have two problems with my iphone 5, you want one at a
I have two problems with my iphone 5, you want one at a time … read more
It Support Specialist,
I cannot access the cloud because when I got my phone 2
I cannot access the cloud because when I got my phone 2 years ago whoever entered my email address added a number so when I try to replace my forgotten password ***** don't get the email giving my the… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience
IPhone 6. Need to recover password to access Cloud and
iPhone 6. Need to recover password ***** access Cloud and attempt to download info on lost iPhone … read more
Karthik
Karthik
Senior Engineer,
Bachelor of Engineering
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I purchase iPad a year ago tru T-Mobile, It's an iPad mini,
I purchase Ian iPad a year ago tru T-Mobile JA: What kind of computer do you have? Customer: It's an iPad mini JA: Have you installed any updates recently? Customer: My daughter 6 years old put an App… read more
It Support Specialist,
I need an apple id for my iphone, haven't been able to in a
haven't been able to in a few years since I had a hotmail address and everything changed over to outlook on our computer … read more
Eric Ewing
Eric Ewing
Senior Engineer,
I plugged my iPhone 6 into my mac (which I haven't done in a
I plugged my iPhone 6 into my mac (which I haven't done in a while!) and I accidentally restored it to my old iPhone. Lost recent contact/calendar/photos/everything from the last year...anyway I can u… read more
iphone 4 upgrade to ios 7.1.2 has messed up my roommates phone.
iphone 4 upgrade to ios 7.1.2 has messed up my roommates phone. what recommendations do you have?… read more
Support Specialist,
I would like to back up an Iphone 4S to the cloud and reinstall
I would like to back up an Iphone 4S to the cloud and reinstall it to an Iphone 5S My calendar and notes are critical. I watched an apple tutorial and I did not want to take any chances with losing st… read more
Support Specialist,
My daughter just updated to an 5s I tried to restore her old
My daughter just updated to an 5s I tried to restore her old 4s to factory defaults. My daughter does not remember her cloud I'd or password ***** she is in state of Florida and I have the 4s here in … read more
Support Specialist,
Stop searching for answers—
My iphone 4s crashed and only the apply logo displays occasionally
My iphone 4s crashed and only the apply logo displays occasionally when plugged in. I have pictures on this phone that I would like to recover before performing a hard reset. Can you please help me to… read more
Cris
Cris
Hi I installed ios 7.10 software to iphone 4s but forgot password,and
Hi I installed ios 7.10 software to iphone 4s but forgot password,and answers to my security questions. I had my passwords,user names in notes on phone.I took phone to apple store and they set it to f… read more
It Support Specialist,
I changed my Apple ID, all programs use new id EXCEPT iCloud.
I changed my Apple ID, all programs use new id EXCEPT iCloud. That is greyed and I cannot change.… read more
CompExpert
CompExpert
Computer Support Technician,
I have several apple products . 4s phones 3 , 4 iPads3rd gen
I have several apple products . 4s phones 3 , 4 iPads3rd gen , and 4 ipod touches. When I was hacked I lost the ability to back up to my cloud accounts so I am unable to back them up and restore perso… read more
Support Specialist,
I purchased a new iPhone 4s a few months ago using my home
I purchased a new iPhone 4s a few months ago using my home email address as my Apple ID. When I opened iTunes on my PC today, my old iTunes password XXXXX work. So I tried the password XXXXX set up on… read more
Support Specialist,
trying to set up iCloud on my MacBook Pro and iPhone 3GS. Had
trying to set up iCloud on my MacBook Pro and iPhone 3GS. Had mobile me. Some of my contacts appear in the cloud, and some don't. Mail syncing doesn't work... see below. My Apple id [email protected] a… read more
Apple Consultant,
Two Decades Field Experience