Mac

hello from kathy need help with 2007 iMac. White screen on boot. made mistake of acciden…

hello from kathy need help with...
hello from kathy
need help with 2007 iMac. White screen on boot.
made mistake of accidentally changing drive's everyones permissions to none and the red dot and dash appeared on drive icon... Read full answer
hello from kathy
made mistake of accidentally changing drive's everyones permissions to none and the red dot and dash appeared on drive icon
11/14/2014
Mike, Mac Medic
Safe boot using Lion? or Restart the computer then immediately hold the Command key and the letter R key together until you see the Apple Logo. This will boot to the Recovery HD partition. When it boots you will see a window called Utilities, select the Disk Utility and then select Continue. Then in Disk Utility select Macintosh HD in the left column, if there are two or it is named something else choose the first indented item, and then select Verify Disk on the right. If that is OK in green type then select Repair Permissions. If it is not ok let me know.
did all of what you wrote - recovery, disk utility repair disc & permissions & verified - all OK
still boots white screen
OK do the same thing then but choose Reinstall MAC OS X.
will reinstall Lion from grey screen recovery.
If that doesn't work is the logic board gone?
Too early to tell
If it boots fine to Recovery HD then it is unlikely to be a hardware problem.
Mike, Mac Medic
Thanks for your help.
I'll figure out some way to target disk from this MacPro
Have a Happy
Still looking for an answer to your question? 
Similar Q&As
I have an iMac with 1TB fusion drive and made 3 partitions.
I have an iMac with 1TB fusion drive and made 3 partitions. one with 400GB, one with 100GB and one with 500GB. I deleted the 400GB by mistake. Now I'm left with 2 portion and 600GB total volume. It do… read more
Mac Support Specialist,
2011 MacBook Air will power up allow me to log on, prompts
2011 MacBook Air will power up allow me to log on, prompts me on the apple icon screen. However the message is frozen. After a couple minutes the apple icon and error message disappear and the screen … read more
Johnny  Mack
Johnny Mack
my Mac will not start if I have some USB devices plugged in.
my Mac will not start if I have some USB devices plugged in. I removed all lines out, USB, fire wire, and router, and computer will start.… read more
Mac Genius,
Stop searching for answers—
I went onto my computer this morning, it was already on; I
I went onto my computer this morning, it was already on; I typically just put it to sleep. I tried to open up my email and everything completely froze. So I turned in off, and turned it back on. I got… read more
CompExpert
CompExpert
Computer Support Technician,
Hello,I was on my 2007 20" iMac on windows xp playing game.Game
Hello,I was on my 2007 20" iMac on windows xp playing game.Game froze.Got blue screen telling me to restart.When restarted in Lion os got white screen with question mark in file icon.Please help… read more
CompExpert
CompExpert
Computer Support Technician,
After I turn on my imac and the apple logo goes away my screen
After I turn on my imac and the apple logo goes away my screen stays white. I tried unplugging the computer from the power and disconnect all devices from the computer, but still I get the white scree… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Get a personalized answer to your question. 
I have an 24 iMAC. When I restart my computer I get the grey
I have an 24" iMAC. When I restart my computer I get the grey screen with the apple logo and then a blue screen (blank). Initially I could boot up with my Leapard 10.6 disc, but now even after holding… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
Hi Daniel, I do have another Mac question. On my G5 OS 10.4.11,
Hi Daniel, I do have another Mac question. On my G5 OS 10.4.11, I booted it the other day and agreed to an OS update suggested by Software Update (not sure of the exact version of the update). Since t… read more
Mac Genius,
Recently my iMac Intel Core 2 Duo desktop (iMac 9.1) has been
Recently my iMac Intel Core 2 Duo desktop (iMac 9.1) has been running extremely slowly. It takes 10 minutes or more to boot up iTunes, for example. Several minutes to get onto Safari. I am hooked up t… read more
Mac Genius,
My IMac will not boot. Folder icon appears on the screen with
My IMac will not boot. Folder icon appears on the screen with a ? and that is all that will happen.… read more
Mac Genius,
I have a 2007 iMac from 2007. I upgraded to Snow Leopard a
I have a 2007 iMac from 2007. I upgraded to Snow Leopard a few months ago. My system has been running slow. I did a secure empty of my trash. I have now been getting a white screen when I turn it on. … read more
Mac Genius,
My MacBook pro does not boot up. I have repaired permissions,
My MacBook pro does not boot up. I have repaired permissions, verified, repaired disk and it says all is ok.… read more
Mac Genius,
Stop searching for answers—
Hi, I have a macbook OSX 10.5.2. I have no icons on the desktop and finder ac
Hi, I have a macbook OSX 10.5.2. I have no icons on the desktop and finder activation white dot to the left of the dock is flashing. I cannot access my hard drive to get to applications. Please help T… read more
Mac Genius,
the screen has a question mark inside a folder and the rest
the screen has a question mark inside a folder and the rest of the screen is white..what should i do?… read more
Mac Genius,
For the past several days all icons in my dock and on my desktop
For the past several days all icons in my dock and on my desktop appear to have superimposed over them a 1-cm square reticulated grid of black dots or dashes. Same grid appears right and down from the… read more
Jesse
Jesse
Apple Consultant,
Some College
hi, i have an iMac with leopard 10.5.8. i accidentally, when
hi, i have an iMac with leopard 10.5.8. i accidentally, when right clicked the macintosh hd/ get info in sharing and permissions changed the permissions for everyone from read only to no access..now m… read more
Brandon M.
Brandon M.
System Administrator,
The screen on my 24 Imac is dead (needs a new one), so have
The screen on my 24" Imac is dead (needs a new one), so have connected an external monitor in the hope I could use the computer without having to spend a fortune on a new LCD display. However, althoug… read more
Mac Medic,
Some college
Ok. So I switched the hard drive out of my old mac iBook G4
Ok. So I switched the hard drive out of my old mac iBook G4 into a newer one. While installing mac os x, it prompts me to a screen asking for a destination but offers none? Please help.… read more
Mac Genius,