Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

Hi, I hope you can help. I have had a new MacBook Air for

Hi, I hope you can...
Hi, I hope you can help. I have had a new MacBook Air for about six months now. I would really like to use iPhoto for importing pictures, editing, filing, and uploading. It is impossible for me to access the few photo files I had already set up. When I click on the iPhoto icon, I get this:

''You can’t open the application “iPhoto” because it is being updated."

Then it takes me to the App Store login. Once I login it asks me to agree to an updated agreement. I check the box and nothing happens, and there is no where to click to continue.

In the meantime it continues to check for updates and never stops.

The botXXXXX XXXXXne is I can't get into the program and I'm very frustrated because I feel like my computer has been pirated.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.
Answered in 1 minute by:
11/18/2013
John T. F., Mac Druid
Hello! My name isXXXXX will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.

Can you tell me what version of OS X you are currently running?

Click the Apple Logo in the menu bar at the top of the screen

Select "About This Mac"

In the window that opens, look for the "Version" information. Please let me know what it says.

Version 10.8.5

Thanks, Cynthia.

Open the Mac App Store

Click the Purchases tab

Do you see iPhoto listed and is the status given as "Installed"?

It gave me a screen that Terms and Conditions have changed. I checked the I Agree box. Nothing happens and I can't access the Purchases icon. All of the options at the top are gray.

So you are unable to download or install any updates via the App Store? Has it been this way since you purchased the MacBook Air?

This seems to be a recent problem but to be honest I haven't purchased any apps as I'm trying to decide what will work best for me.

Okay, let's start with the basics and then we'll move on if that doesn't do the trick.

Shutdown your Mac.

Restart and, as soon as you hear the startup chime, press and hold the “OPTION” key at boot until the boot menu appears and then select the “Recovery" HD option.

Wait for “OS X Utilities” menu to appear (DO NOT CHOOSE TO INSTALL)

Choose Disk Utility from the available options.

In Disk Utility, select your normal, bootable hard drive volume from the list in the sidebar (usually "Macintosh HD").

Then, Click "Repair Disk"

If it finds errors, repeat the process until it reports the drive is OK.

Next, click "Repair Disk Permissions"

Then, restart your Mac and it should boot back into your normal Desktop.

Now try accessing the App Store.

If you still have concerns, please do not negatively rate my answer, simply reply back before rating. I'll be more than happy to work with you further. Hopefully, this info will answer your question. When you are satisfied, please give my answers a positive rating. You are judging my personal service only (not this website, the price, or your issue) and high ratings assure I remain in good standing.

Thanks and good luck,
John T. F., Mac Druid
Howdy!

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. If you need further assistance on this issue, please let me know.

Also, feel free to request me again at any time when you come back to ask another Apple-related question.

I can be reached directly via the following page:
http://www.justanswer.com/computer/expert-macdruid/

Thanks,
Howdy!

Thanks,
John T. F., Mac Druid