Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Mac

I was reading a troubleshooting response you sent to the person

Customer Question
that was constantly getting logged...
I was reading a troubleshooting response you sent to the person that was constantly getting logged off of AOL. I'm having the same problem it just started happening. Every few minutes I get kicked off of AOL and era message comes up saying that my session time doubt and I need to re-log back in but it's happening the really every two or three minutes. The differences I'm not using Windows I'm using Safari. Is there anything you can suggest to help me
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
11/15/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Dustin, Mac Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Welcome, my name is Dustin and I will assist you today!

Considering that the issue is occuring on both the URL and also the Application, it may take more then one set of steps for us to resolve this..

before we try anything though, Id like you to check and see what version of mac you have.. To do so, click the apple sign at the top left of your screen, then click about this mac..

It should say the version there.

Thank you,

Dustin S.

Hi Dustin
Would that be "OSX"
Thats Correct Mitch..

It would be OS and it should be something to the tune of 10.6.8 or 10.7.4 or 10.8.5 or maybe 10.9.1

Whats your version?

D.S
Hi Dustin I'm just in the process of my new software update installation completing. I just updated to the newest software that they just released

Do you mean that you are currently upgrading your mac itself, to the new and free 10.9 mavericks update?
Complete. It's the version 10.9 osx
Ok..So the new update just completed, a few minutes ago?

lets run this repair then.

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Once it says permissions repair complete.. Lets restart your mac..

And then lets try to connect to aol again.. Will it stay connected now?

D.S
Okay I'm going to restart the Mac now and then sign back on to AOL and then give me about 10 minutes to run the application and I'll know within that time. If I'm experiencing the same issue and then I will respond back
Actually it's still running the repairing permissions this seems to be a lot of stuff so as soon as that's finished I'll faollow the rest of your instructions to restart the computer then I'll go online and see if I can stay on AOL without getting booted off and then I respond back

Thanks Mitch..

Sometimes the permission repair completes in a few minutes, sometimes it takes a few hours.. Just depends on how much it needs to repair..

I will be online for the next several hours, so take your time and respond when you can. And if it gets too late for you tonight, theres always the weekend and next week.. ( theres no time limit on my ability to assist you )

D.S
Kay well I restarted the computer and I'm going to sign online to Aol right now

Ok, I'll be standing by..

D.S
Mike, Mac Medic