Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

HI, hope youre well! Im on a mac book pro os 10.7, using…

HI, hope you're well! I'm...
HI, hope you're well! I'm on a mac book pro os 10.7, using chrome and am trying to download some e-books that I bought and keep getting a message asking for storage, text to follow, but it won't allow me to click on 'allow', 'deny' or anything else. on another page, I am getting a similar message, with a different requester.

text: Adobe Flash Player Settings
Local Storage
ifccontent2.leapfrog.com is requesting permission to store information on your computer.
Requested: up to 10KB
Currently Used: 1KB

ideas? Thanks!
11/5/2013
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist
Welcome, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today!

Question, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling google chrome?

Also, is it that it wont allow you to click on allow? Or is it that the option to click on allow or deny doesnt even show up anymore?

I haven't tried uninstalling chrome, I'm not sure how the program works, but when it opens, it's not on chrome, it's another program: "Leap Frog Connect", which is downloaded. I'm pretty sure I uninstalled and reinstalled that at least once. but can try again.

it won't allow me to click on anything on the pop-up window asking for storage, or the Leap Frog window behind it, which is greyed out.

thanks!

One more quick question Alli,

SInce installing this program, the Leap Frog connect, was it ever working for you properly and then suddenly quit.. Or, is this the first time you have tried to use it on this mac?

I've used it before, and it was fine, but it's been a long while (+/- 1 year?) and I had to download updates...

Understood.. lets try a couple of step then.

Open your finder ( magnifying glass ) type in disk utility, and launch the disk utility application.

On the left side of the disk utility window, click your mac hd, then at the lower right hand side, click repair permissions .

Once thats complete, lets go to your applications folder, find the google chrome application and trash it.

Then lets find the leapfrog connect application and trash it too.

Then, lets use safari, and then download the newest version of google chrome.

http://www.google.com/mac/

Once downloaded and installed, lets restart your mac.

And then using chrome, lets download and install the newest version of flash from this link

http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions/

Once installed, lets make sure to restart the mac once more, and then lets download and install the leapfrog connect using chrome from here.

http://www.leapfrog.com/en/pages/support/product_pages/leapfrog_connect.html

Once installed, lets run Leapfrog connect..

lets make sure it can see your leapfrog device first, then try to download something.. Will it let you download now?

( and if you get stuck at any point in the process above or if you run into any issues, or if this doesnt work please send a reply letting me know what happened so that I can continue to assist you Alli )

I strive to provide great service, and greatly appreciate a rating of excellent below when you are satisfied.. I always answer follow up questions.

Dustin S.

Senior Technician and Network Switching Systems Operator / Maintainer.
Dustin, Mac Support Specialist

Hi Dustin-

I'm unable to empty the trash with google chrome in it, because 'it's still in use'. any tips on how to git rid of it completely before reinstalling?

Thanks!

Sadly, the same initial problem is still there. any way to send a screen shot? I can send a shot of the window...

thanks again!

Hello Alli, let me apologize for the delay in getting back to you.. By the time you had responded an hour and a quarter later, I had already ended my shift for the night. Ive just signed in for the day and seen your replies.

To stop google chrome from being "in use" we should command click on the google chrome icon, and then click force quit.

We should then be able to trash the google chrome application.. Does that allow you to trash it ? ( and empty the trash )

if so, then once Chrome is trashed lets continue with the steps below.

http://www.google.com/mac/

Dustin S.