Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

forgot pass word cant get in ipod

Customer Question
forgot pass word cant get in ipod
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
11/3/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist
Hi

Which iPod is it? iPod nano/touch/classic?

And did you mean you forgot the 4 digit passcode to get into the iPod?

Thank you
Vinod

ipod touch.its my daughters and she forgot it

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX the only way to get out of it is to restore the iPad to factory settings.Open itunes in the computer and connect the iPod. Now, on the iPod, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.itunes should now give a message that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Restore the ipad now.Let me know if you find any difficulty.Note: in recovery mode, the iPod screen will be showing a USB cable and an iTunes logo.Here's a video for you. By watching this, you can understand how to put the ipad into recovery mode and also how it looks like while in recovery mode. It is for an iPad, but the process is the same for the iPod touchhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A01Vx0TXANk
While editing the answer my phone is trimming the line breaks and therefore my previous answer is not well formatted. So I am typing the answer again

Thank you, Diane

Unfortunately, the only way to get out of it is to restore the iPad to factory settings.

Open itunes in the computer and connect the iPod. Now, on the iPod, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec.

itunes should now give a message that it has detected an iPod in recovery mode and needs to be restored. Restore the ipad now.

Let me know if you find any difficulty.

Note: in recovery mode, the iPod screen will be showing a USB cable and an iTunes logo.

Here's a video for you. By watching this, you can understand how to put the ipad into recovery mode and also how it looks like while in recovery mode. It is for an iPad, but the process is the same for the iPod touch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A01Vx0TXANk