Mac

Ask Mac Questions and Get Answers from Experts ASAP

Sinse your last to ISO up date . I have. Lost my Siri my…

Customer Question
Sinse your last to ISO...
Sinse your last to ISO up date . I have. Lost my Siri my I pad used it a lot . Would like to get it back.
Submitted: 4 years ago.Category: Mac
11/3/2013
Mac Support Specialist: Vinod Menon, Support Specialist replied 4 years ago
Vinod Menon, Support Specialist

Hi Jim

I am Vinod. I will try my best to help you resolve this issue.

Did you mean when you hold down the home button, siri does not appear?

Thank You Vinod

Yes when I hold on the home button Siri
Does not appear. Also I don't have the microphone on my email or my messaging texting . my iPad is not the newest it's about two years old but it did have Siri when I bought it .
Thank you, Jim

Let's check this first.

On your iPad, go to settings - general - Siri

Is Siri turned on there? Turn it off and then on. Let me know whether that resolves your issue
My I pad the general did not have sirs. My son I pad did have sirs .check my I phone in general and it had sirs . Think I mite need a new operating system. What do you think.

Jim.
Jim,

Is there a reason you gave me a bad service?

Please understand that you are rating my service and not the answer. We are still in the troubleshooting stage and it might take several steps to resolve the issue. Please rate only after we finish our troubleshooting. The rating is going against my records and credibility in the site. So please rate me bad only if you feel I am too bad.

Please give me your iPad serial number. You can find that in settings - general - about

The iPad 1 and iPad 2 does not have Siri. May be you are having one of those. I can find the iPad type only through the serial number. I gave the first troubleshooting step based on your saying that it did have Siri and now it don't.

My I pad Serial No. Dmrjgbcgdfhw

Jim
Jim,

I am really sorry. Yours is an iPad 2 wifi, and it does not have siri. Siri is available only from iPad 3 on wards. You will need one of the newer iPads.

But I am quite confused by your saying that it did have siri earlier. Were you using a different iPad then possibly?

Thank you
Vinod
Hi Jim,

I believe I have answered your question. If you feel you need more of a description or something, please let me know.

Or if we are done, I would appreciate if you can rate my service.

Thank You
Vinod